We were at my parents' cabin this weekend and S requested blueberry cake for breakfast. So I made it for him, using up all the frozen blueberries in the freezer. Then he requested it again the next day. But it was gone. So I told him I'd make him a special treat, and out of the oven popped this chocolate chip cake.
As S says, it's like a giant chocolate chip cookie. The mini chocolate chips make it very chocolatey. You could probably get by with just one cup of mini chips, if you're not a super chocolate fan. Otherwise, keep it at two and have a big glass of milk handy to wash it all down.
Chocolate Chip Cake
6 T butter @ room temp
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 t. vanilla
2 c. flour
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1/2 c. milk
2 c. mini chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375 degrees (350 if you're using a glass pan)
Grease and flour an 8" square pan
1. In a small bowl, toss chocolate chips with ~2T of the flour
2. In a second bowl sift together dry ingredients
3. In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment cream together butter and sugar. Add egg and
vanilla, beating until fluffy
4. Add dry ingredients alternating with the milk in two additions
5. Fold in the chips until just combined.
6. Pour into the prepared pan
Bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes